HW:Recent v Old/Poll (ON Keys...)

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed Dec 15 17:01:49 EST 1999

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 21:12:04 -0000, david hall
<dave at PARMA29.FREESERVE.CO.UK> wrote:
>Simon House at number one for his playing with Hawkwind, however, I bought
>the Spiral Realms Live CD and wasn't exactly bowled over. Is this
>representative of the other stuff?

I'm afraid that it is (his solo material, at least).  Even though I'm a
*huge* Simon House fan (I even own the Bowie and Japan albums he's on ...
OK not the Thomas Dolby one), his Spiral Realms and solo releases don't do
much for me.  They're very nice, the playing's good ... but like many
(most?) musicians, Simon does better in a band than solo.

>If not, what else should I try?

If you don't have the original two High Tide albums, definitely check those
out.  Also the posthumous 'Interesting Times' release of c.1972 jams is great.

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com