OFF: Greatest Riff of the Millenium/MC5 misc.

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at WIZVAX.NET
Thu Dec 16 00:26:41 EST 1999

>Or how about the Doors' "Peace Frog"?? Chuck
Good riff.
Adding to the list of inconsequential guitar preferences:

Smokestack Lightning-Yardbirds version
Seige and Investiture of Baron von Frank's castle-- the Imginos band under
the name of BOC
Oh Well -- Fleetwood Mac
Larks Tongues in Aspic, Part II/ the guitar motif in Starless -- King Crimson
Wish me Well-- Procol Harum
Secret Agent Man -- J. Rivers
St Vitus Dance -- Brain Surgeons
Rolling and Tumbling, Part 2/ I Can't be Satisfied -- Muddy Waters
What'd I Say -- Ray Charles
Topsy Part 2 -- Cozy Cole (sure its done on organ,. but its just so COOL)

thunder express -- a good CD. Has the best version of Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa on
it Ive ever heard by the MC5. the middle break turns into a drum/guitars
triple improv thats intense. Motor Citys Burning on it makes the lyrics
decipherable too!  Very punky kinda attitude on the disc. Great cover of
"Empty Hearts" by the Rolling Stones. Supposedly of a TV gig they band did
in France in 1972, with someone other than Michael Davis on the bass. They
slipped the single I Can Only give You Everything/ I just Dont KNow and the
John Sinclair produces Borderline/Looking at You on there. Weird mixing.
sounds like real illegi copies they were using for those 4 songs.  Then
again it is Skydog records were talking about. They did a CD of the live
BOC 1970 EP a while a go if memory serve me correctly.

night time's the right time to dig the one you dig,
Jason