Help on Codex?

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Dec 17 09:38:48 EST 1999

David Bottomley writes:

> >Just bringing the Codex up to date and looking for opinios/help:
> >
> >A) Is Satellite on Church of Hawkwind the same/remix of that on Complete
> '79?

> They sound exactly the same to me (as does the version on Weird 101). My
> memory of the '79 gig I saw isn't clear enough to recall whether they all
> nipped off for a fag break here & just let the sequencer/tape run....

Yeah, that's certainly possible.

> >B) Is Warrior At the End of Time the same on Out & Intake as Live 1982 -
> >possibly the latter with The Scan appended?
>
> Well, I'm pretty sure it's the same version but they're different mixes. Huw
> can be heard quite clearly on the Live 82 version, but not on O&I. Both have
> The Scan appended.

Nah, I'm sure my Out&Intake CD fades the track as soon as The Scan
starts up. Is the vinyl different?

> >C) Is Solitary Mind Games on Out & Intake just a cut of that on Live
> >1982?

> I could be wrong, but they sound like quite different versions to me. A lot
> of the synth/sequencer parts sound very different.
>
> >I also seem to have heard Shot Down from Live 1982 before but I can't
> >quite identify where.
>
> I don't remember ever hearing this version before.

I was wondering if it's similar to that on This Is Hawkwind - Do Not
Panic, but it's possible that it's a match to one of the versions on the
Edinburgh Playhouse video.

FoFP