OFF: Smells Like White Room (was Re: Greatest Riff of the Millenium)

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Fri Dec 17 11:53:23 EST 1999

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Jonathan Jarrett wrote:

=> > believe that Kurt Cobain was even thinking of Godzilla when he wrote Smells
=> > Like Teen Spirit.  Rather, he was admittedly attempting to rip off the
=> > Pixies.
=>
=>         But it was Boston that sued... Any more contendors for
=> unrecognised `Smells Like Nirvana' contributors? Yours,

Actually, years ago, as I was leaving a gig by a local band, they began
jamming around as the kit was about to be put away.  Anyway, they start
in on playing something, and I says to my friend (sez I), "Oh, that's
not a bad go at ``White Room'' by Cream" until I subsequently realised
they were actually playing "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana!

Cheers,

Paul.

NP: The Savage Resurrection, _The Savage Resurrection_

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa