Help on Codex?

David Bottomley merlinas at DIRCON.CO.UK
Sat Dec 18 05:57:44 EST 1999

>> By the way, do the Complete 79 and Live 79 versions of Shot Down etc.
>> sound the same to you?
>
>No, they're very different.

Sorry Mike, but I've just played the two side-by-side and, aside from the
obvious sound quality & mix differences (which *are* substantial), I'm still
convinced that these are from the same gig. I find it hard to believe that
Huw's lead lines, Tim's keyboard fills and the vocals would be identical on
two different versions. The band weren't *that* tight were they? None of the
other tracks common to both CDs are remotely similar on these terms.

Dave B