NIK: ICU: web page

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Sun Dec 19 17:54:24 EST 1999

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999, Sprawl wrote:

=> >Yes.  You'll have to burn one yourself :^).  The only ICU albums to come
=> >out on CD are/were 'Passout' (with great bonus tracks, but Overground
=> >Records, who released it and a bunch of other great postpunk/indiepop
=>
=> That is a crying shame.  This album is a CLASSIC.  I got such a rush
=> listening to
=> it!

I'll just have to chime in here and say I've had a long-standing
tradition on BOC-L that whenever the words "ICU" and "CD" are mentioned
I always blurt out the perennial, "when are we going to get _Maximum
Effect_ on CD???" ;-)

=> Guess I'll have to convert to wav and burn.

Same for me, too.  I only had a dub of this on cassette, and absolutely
loved the album (their best, IMHO!).  But a CD(-R) would be more
convenient for me.

=> Thanks, Doug!

Yes, thanks Doug (and thanks Steve Pond)!  I've downloaded _Maximum
Effect_, _Punkadelic_ and _Ersatz_ so far, and I already own legit CD
releases of _Passout_ and _New Anatomy_.

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa