HW/OFF: WIDOWMAKER 77 promo kit

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Sun Dec 19 21:57:52 EST 1999

FOR SALE:
 i picked this item up at the whisky-a-go-go in august '77. it promotes that
night's
appearance, and 2nd lp by the group WIDOWMAKER, including HUW LANGTON (sp?),
BEV BEVAN, and ariel bender (a/k/a luther something), formerly of spooky
tooth, mott the hoople,etc.
the promo kit includes a photo, a bio (referring to huw as 'formerly of the
scottish group hawkwind'), the 45 'too late to cry' (2nd lp title track) and
a now-aged black balloon, which needs to be gently unstuck from a page.
my friend izzy and i saw their soundcheck at the whisky that
afternoon....later (laughs) my uncle wouldnt let us take his car to the strip
at night, so despite the band's invitation to us, we couldnt go back to see
'em.
honestly i was more bummed 'cuz the next night the ramones were gonna be
there, a big deal to me in mid-77.
the promo kit isnt in mint condition on the outside, more like vg, but the
insides are fine, balloon notwithstanding.
======
i was gonna put it on e-bay, but i'll give youse guys first crack at it.
anyone interested should please write me >off-group<, with an offer. this
invitation is good until xmas eve...

i also have two posters for hawkwind's '91 german/etc. tour,listing dates and
locations, and would like to sell them too. more info on request.

this is an unusual step for me to take; let's assume poverty is a factor
here...
hope to hear from someone...boy do i...
saturnalian salutations!

"<>"