HW/OFF: WIDOWMAKER 77 promo kit

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Dec 20 09:31:20 EST 1999

On 20 Dec 99 at 9:44, K Henderson wrote:

> Grosvenor...close enuff.  IIRC, his pseudonym Ariel Bender was presumably a
> reference to a particular guitar-playing style, 'ariel bending.'  But not
> being a guitarist myself, perhaps that's just some sort of inside joke, I
> dunno.

Ariel was an English Motorcycle of some reknown among enthusiasts.
Reportedly one of the fastest bikes ever built--and that was almost
50 years ago!  An, of course, let's not overlook the Shakespearean
character Ariel, a sprite or pixie, from, what, the Tempest?  I blush
at my inability to say for certain...

> BTW, both Luther and Spooky Tooth (w/o Gary Wright) have done new albums in
> recent years, Floodgates and Cross Purposes, respectively.

What say ye about these new recordings?  Worth a listen?

theo