[richard at cranium.co.nz: [stonerrock] Hawkwind Tour]

Wed Dec 22 19:18:35 EST 1999

        Dear All,
                  don't know how much weight to attach to this, but Mr.
Stockwell is generally at least informed, if possibly not well so. Maybe
good news for the down-under fans anyway... Yours,
                                                   Jon

----- Forwarded message from Richard Stockwell <richard at cranium.co.nz> -----

From: "Richard Stockwell" <richard at cranium.co.nz>
To: <stonerrock at onelist.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 14:49:46 +1300
Subject: [stonerrock] Hawkwind Tour

From: "Richard Stockwell" <richard at cranium.co.nz>

BREAKING NEWS .... BREAKING NEWS .... BREAKING NEWS ....

                HAWKWIND ARE COMING TO NEW ZEALAND

Just confirmed today is the news that Hawkwind are set to do a 6 week tour
of New Zealand from late January to early March 2000. The band will combine
playing and sightseeing during their tour hence the 6 week tour. Dates
pencilled in are:

January 25th  Arrive
Jan       28th  Whangarei
Jan     29th  Auckland  (Powerstation)
Feb      4th  Auckland  (Powerstation .. to be confirmed)
Feb      5th  Hamilton  (To be confirmed)
Feb     11th  Palmerston North (To be confirmed)
Feb     19th  Nelson
Feb     26th  Christchurch
March    3rd  Dunedin

Other concerts may be added within these dates. The band will arrive with a
11 member party (7 band members) and Lemmy has shown interest in joining the
tour but this is yet to be confirmed whether he will be part of the band or
not.
        Confirmation of the tour has happened very quickly and so further news will
be issued as it comes to hand.
        Cranium Music is not involved in any way with the tour but I have offered
to help out where possible to make this an event that many many people in
this country have dreamt of for a very long time.

Community email addresses:
  Post message: stonerrock at onelist.com
  Subscribe:    stonerrock-subscribe at onelist.com

Shortcut URL to this page:
  http://www.onelist.com/community/stonerrock

----- End forwarded message -----

--
 |                Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge              |