BOC: Friday Rock Show - Hear'n'Aid

Stuart A Hamilton xzx28 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Mon Feb 1 05:23:21 EST 1999

Indeed he did, and Buck got a mini solo all to himself.  Eric sings the
lines "We can be strong, We are fire and stone",after the first chorus.
And the sixth (!) solo is by Brad Gillis / Craig Goldy / Donald "Buck
Dharma" Roeser.

It's a classic 'where are they now' track, featuring as it does (deep breath);
Ronnie James Dio, Dave Meniketti, Rob Halford, Kevin Dubrow, Eric B, Paul
Shortino, Geoff Tate and Don Dokken on vocals.  Guitar solos by Craig
Goldy, Eddie Ojeda, Vivian Campbell, Brad Gillis, Neal Schon, George Lynch,
Yngwie Malmsteen, Carlos Cavazo and Buck  Adrian Smith & Dave Murray played
the melody lines.  Eric gets two cover photos to Bucks one, and just to
thro in a HW connection, Motorhead had a live version of "On The Road" on
the album.
Oh, and David St Hubbins & Derek Smalls were amongst a myriad of others on
the chorus.

At 04:41 01/02/1999 +0000, you wrote:
>> Well those insomniac enough to stay up for VH1s Friday Rock Show were
>> treated to a rare sighting of Messrs Bloom and Roeser, during a classic
>> "where are they now video" - Stars by Hear'n'Aid.  An absolute peach.
>
>If memory serves, Eric actually got to sing his very own solo line in
>that, didn't he?
>
>--  Nick

Zeitgeist e-zine
PO Box 13499, Edinburgh EH6 8YL, UK