FAO: Andy G

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Feb 2 11:55:58 EST 1999

Andrew A. Apold writes:

> >Andy,
> >
> >Re that Hawkwind CD set I mentioned. I saw a reference to it on the
> >"CD Universe" Web site.
> >
> >Title is "The Entire and Infinite Universe of Hawkwind"
> >
> >It's on Dressed To Kill catalogue number 98. It was due on December
> >15th. It has UPC (whatever that is?) 66662910042
> >
> >It's listed as a 3CD set of:
> >
> >Master of the Universe
> >Bring Me The Head of Yuri Gagarin
> >Space Ritual
> >Text of Festival (entirety of)
>
> Um, wouldn't that be a 4CD set?

It's listed as a 3 CD set on the CD Universe Web page. I'd suppose that
it would be possible to squeeze all thos tracks onto 3 CD's,
particularly if they've acknowledged that Master of the Universe (also
known as In The Beginning) is just the first two sides of Text of Festival.

> I believe this is identical to the recent 'Welcome to the Future'
> 4cd set, consisting of the same 4 cds.  Cover showed picture of the earth
> from space.

Possibly. However during debate at the time of the WttF release, there
was a promise of a rerelease containing all of Text of Festival. This
would (just about) make the set worth buying for the sake of
completeness.

I'm not saying that, against the odds, someone has paid attention to
what the fans have said and done something right for a change, just that
it is actually possible.

FoFP