Hawkwind "In Your Area" CD availability

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed Feb 3 19:06:48 EST 1999

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999 18:01:56 EST, Bob Lennon <Hawkwinder at AOL.COM> wrote:

>The following is an e-mail I received from Griffin Music about availability
>of the New Hawkwind "In Your Area" CD. I haven't found it at any local
>stores, so I asked them for help.

[...header snipped...]

>>The new Hawkwind CD, "In Your Area" should be in retail stores by now. We
sell
>>through themajor distributors across the US who in turn get it into the
stores.

It would be nice if they would say WHICH distributors in the US carry it.
Caroline?  Valley? ... ?  If they did, we could actually tell your local
store who to order it from, instead of having the clueless alterna-teen
clerk give a blank stare.

FWIW, I have friends at "major" (not "major label", who, of course, don't
carry independents like Griffin) distributors who have been unable to turn
up a copy for me :^(.

(just slightly pissed 'cause it's taking my local music store, the largest
in the Bay Area, over 3 weeks to get me a copy!)

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com