OFF: Pink Fairies (was: Re: HW97)

Thu Feb 4 05:56:35 EST 1999

On ons 3 feb 1999 11.49 -0800 "Doug Pearson" <ceres at SIRIUS.COM> wrote:
>  The album Carl is referring to (which is available in 3
> different configurations in 3 different countries!) consists entirely of
> excellent recordings from this era, and the US version of Cleopatra ('The
> Golden Years' or something like that) also includes their 2 tracks from
the
> 'Glastonbury Fayre' comp ("Do It" totally rocks, and the 18-minute version
> of "Uncle Harry's Last Freakout" is definitely one of the great guitar
> freakouts).

     Ah!  The US version has extra tracks?  Well <change plans> I'd
best get that instead of the regular UK version I've seen.  I was
pretty blown away by the performances of "The Snake" and "Johnny
B. Goode" as well.  Thousands of volts shot straight to the solar
plexus.  Not bad :)

Cheers,
Carl

ObCD: Man, _Live at the Star Club 1998_