OFF: Pink Fairies (was: Re: HW97)

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Thu Feb 4 13:32:06 EST 1999

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999 17:09:40 +0000, Jonathan Jarrett
<jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
>On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
>>      Ah!  The US version has extra tracks?  Well <change plans> I'd
>> best get that instead of the regular UK version I've seen.  I was
>> pretty blown away by the performances of "The Snake" and "Johnny
>> B. Goode" as well.  Thousands of volts shot straight to the solar
>> plexus.  Not bad :)
>
>Dear Carl,
>                    the British CD has the Glastonbury Fayre tracks on.
>I'm not at all sure the Cleopatra one has 'The Snake', since my CD;'s
>liner suggests it's not been issued in this cut before. Yours,
>                        Jon

Yeah, this is actually a sticky issue ... there are 3 versions of the album
(US, UK, Italian) with slight variations in track listing, and you need 2
of the 3 in order to get all the tracks.  I have the Cleopatra CD (US) and
the double (actually one-and-a-half with pigs etched on side 4) LP
(Italian), but I'd have to go back home to check the precise track listings
... for some reason, the Cleopatra CD has two tracks from Twink's 'Think
Pink' solo album (also a great psych record with plenty of searing Paul
Rudolph guitar leads) on it.  And speaking of Rudolph (love his guitar
playing - was never impressed by his bass playing with Hawkwind), has
anyone heard the new (although I think it's at least partially old
recordings) Deviants album ('Have Left the Planet' or something) yet?

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com