BOC/HW: Huh?

Fri Feb 5 12:28:00 EST 1999

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Bolts of Ungodly Vision wrote:

> In between is very promising punky hard-rock to a ska beat by
> Culture Shock, >>>>Tubilah Dogs   (Hawkwind-cum-Blue Öyster Cult that kind
> of work)<<<<"
> !!! You can imagine my suprise at reading that snippet.
>
> Do any of you Hawkwinders out there feel this is an accurate statment? If
> no,t what do they sound like?  If it is an accurate view, what did these
> people record other than the Travellers Aid Trust stuff?

        Though I haven't heard them, Jerry Richards, HW's current lead
guitar, is ex-Tubilah Dog, and they've worked with HW before when Dave
Brock was producing his Agents of Choas album. Wouldn't have thought BOC
was an obvious comparison though. Perhaps there's a Moorcock link? Yours,

Jon

--
 |         Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge                      |