BOC: An unlikely BOC reference

Goran Janicijevic simplius at SOFTHOME.NET
Sat Feb 6 09:23:55 EST 1999

crow wrote:

>I was at the CDnow web sight checking out some Rory Gallagher
>discs.  I went to the area that states "if you like Rory Gallagher see
>what the 'album advisor' recommends.
>
>I was very surprised to BOC's Heaven Forbid tuck nestled in with
>the likes of Stevie Ray and Kenny Wayne.

That CDnow's 'album advisor' is an utter crap.

Go to the advice 'if you like the First/T&M/Secret Treaties suite,
then we recommend you these titles', and it will spit out the
following:

Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon
Funkadelic - America Eats Its Young
Afghan Whigs - Congregation
Bone - Thugs-n-Harmony
Mott The Hoople - Ballad Off Mott:Retrospectiv
Jack Off Jill - Covetous Creature
DJ Shadow - Entroducing
Grandpaboy - Grandpaboy
Jack Off Jill - Sexless Demons And Scars
Hanson - Middle Of Nowhere

The Agents Of Fortune 'advisor' yields the following results:

Everything But The Girl - Acoustic
Spooky Tooth - Mirror
Synergy - Electric Realizations For Ro
Carpenters - Singles 1969-1973
Led Zeppelin - Houses Of The Holy
Chicago - Greatest Hits 1982-1989
Grateful Dead - Mars Hotel
Alejandro Sanz - 3
Sarah McLachlan - Surfacing
Stevie Wonder - Songs In The Key Of Life

Do you want more? Or you better go to www.cdnow.com if you want to
laugh, this isn't some jokes mailing list. :-)

--
Goran