HW 97

Stuart A Hamilton xzx28 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Sat Feb 6 09:40:30 EST 1999

Well, it's only just arrived, and I've only played it once, but please cut
down on the gripes!

 It seems like a thoroughly excellent live CD which accurately reflects the
97 tour.  If this is the quality of product we're going to receive through
the passport scheme, then long may it prosper.

After all, how many Pink Fairies fans would kill to be hearing music this
good 30 years down the line.  We should be grateful that HW are still
capable of hitting some heights, even if everyone has their own idea of
what they should be doing.  Personally I can't be arsed with a lot of the
synth noodles and plastic reggae they chuck in now and then, but I also
recall hurling Choose Your Masques against a wall after hearing it the
first time howling obscenities about "selling out" and "f***ing keyboards"
and "Tangerine Dream".  A similar reaction had greeted "Sonic Attack".  I
derided "Electric Tepee", and still won't give most of the early "classic"
albums house room.  Much as I love Motorhead, I can't listen to most of the
Lemmy era albums.

HW 97 is a worthy addition to any HW collection.  Let us bow our heads in
silent prayer.

Reverend Stuart A Hamilton
Universal Life Church
Zeitgeist e-zine