HW 97

Sun Feb 7 04:54:04 EST 1999

On lör 6 feb 1999 17.38 -0500 "Keith Henderson" <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU>
wrote:
> I mean...I
> really like Electric Tepee, and Choose Your Masques, and Warrior is my
> favourite album of all time.  It was the period just after Choose Your
> Masques that was their low point.

     I respectfully disagree :)  I thought Sonic Attack and CyM
were pretty limp--OK, it was a interesting experiment, but IMO it
didn't work.  Hawkwind are always at their best when doing space
*rock* and leaning too much on any variety of space never seems
to work out, IMO.  I like the Chronicles > Xenon era rather
better than the early 80s, and like Levitation-Live 79 for the
same reason.  I like Calvert similarly well, just not nearly as
much as the early daze or the 90s trio (I thought _Space Bandits_
was weak, but loved _Palace Springs_ and the rock tracks on
_ET_ :)  _IITBOTFTBD_ I thought was grim, but _A4_ was pretty
damn good).

Cheers,
Carl

--