re HW 97

Sun Feb 7 16:26:21 EST 1999

On sön 7 feb 1999 13.03 +0000 DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote:
> gimme
> the lemmy-era band, pounding their way into oblivion...

     No question that is surely my favorite Hawkwind (though I like
the pre-Lemmy ISOS quite well--Lemmy just added that extra *edge*).
But, IMO, the early-90s lineup did a good job of recapturing that
spirit in an updated context.  The live renditions of _Out of the
Shadows_ etc. are tremendous.  It's a shame there's no official
live release of stuff from the sort of 92-93 period.

     Not surprisingly, I was pretty blown away by Bedouin live :)
Now _that_'s a worthy Hawkwind off-shoot!

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson