HW: Bedouin

cosmos cosmos at CASEMA.NET
Sun Feb 7 21:50:00 EST 1999

>     Yes.  I think "cross 90s HW with Motorhead" is a not unfair
>description of Bedouin live.  Neither _Captured Rotation_ nor
>_Bedouin_ itself (the AD solo album) sound like the live band,
>really.  I liked _Captured Rotation_ a lot, but was afraid
>Alan might over-indulged in floaty synth stuff live (I
>like floaty synths, but not _too_ much all at once).
>
>     My fears were completely unjustified.  So much so, that I
>think they'd be OK with a permanent synth player (as always, I
>recommend Jens from Spacious Mind :)  but I think Alan is
>concentrating on the hard, fast, and LOUD aspects--and not
>without superb effect.
>
>     Actually, it's rather like a meaner sounding early 90s
>Hawkwind (not surprising, I suppose).  I reach this by concluding
>that in an ideal world Alan would have Richard and Dave on drums
>and guitar ... ;)
>     Even the undeal world has a damn fine Bedouin in it!
>
>     Speaking of which, any further news on tour dates?  I've
>got people in Cambridge who are psyched to see them!  Part
>of my continuing campaign to convince students grooving to
>the current "stoner" (dreadful term!) bands that HW and Co.
>are things they need to know about :)
>
>     If Bedouin can put out an album which captures the live feel,
>it will be extremely impressive.  I am a complete sucker for
>spacerock with loud guitars and (Rick :) basses propelled by
>booster-rocket 2/2 drumming :)  Music actually left rolling in the
>wake of unlikely starships as they forge across the churning void.
>
>     Knobs to 11 and maximum warp: Yee hah :)

maybe this will help.
but please check first before travelling.

andre

 More Alan Davey live dates as follows: Thursday 25th February The Albert,
Trafalgar
Street, Brighton
4th March Boat Race, East Road, Cambridge
5th March Hanover Hotel, Hanover St, Liverpool
6th March Victoria, Midland Place, Derby
11th March Alexanders Jazz Theatre, Rufus Court, Chester
13th March Adelphi Hotel, Fylde St, Preston (w/Harvey Bainbridge)
19th March Verdis, Maiden St, Weymouth
24th March Axiom, Cheltenham
26th Narch Old railway, Birmingham
27th March Harrogate Arms, Harrogate
1st April Limelight, Crewe
2nd April Transport club, Rochdale
9th April Albert, Brighton
10th April George 4th, Brixton
15th April TJ's Newport
16th April Axe and Cleaver, Boston, Lincs
17th April Studio, Hartlepool
Check with venue before going. The details of these dates are correct at
time of printing
(31-1-99).
Bedouin have NOT actually signed a new deal, I am informed, and a new
'proper' album is
unlikely to surface before the tour. Which reminds me, apologies to the 40
or so CD
Services customers still waiting for Alan to do copies of the 'Sci-Fi
Delic' CD-R but he won't
respond to our requests and there are stil a further 80 out of the promised
300 ltd edition
still to be made to reach that target, Bear with us