BOTH: Conversion/Evangelization :)

Mon Feb 8 06:06:15 EST 1999

On sön 7 feb 1999 22.24 +0000 DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote:
> hey carl....
> re: "metallica's 'astronomy' cover leading you into boc...."
> i can think of voivod's cover of barrett/floyd's "astronomy
domine...."....and
> boc's "workshop of the telescopes" (heh) but getting it i'm not. hmm

     I think I have the Voivod somewhere--or possibly I gave it to
my girlfriend since she's a big Syd-era Floyd fan.  I was trying to
get some people here to play an arrangement of Astronomy Domine >
Interstellar Overdrive > Astronomy Domine but never got it sorted
out.

     Well, I like BOC well and that a band well-known to the
younger people I know (my BOC convert is, I think, 18!) such as
Metallica covered them is a potent introduction.

     I've had better success getting people into Hawkwind
though!  (And Gov't Mule, strangely enough!).

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson