HW: 1999 Party

Mon Feb 8 06:24:58 EST 1999

On Sun, 7 Feb 1999, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:

> >and i sure don't get why this EMI release sounds so much inferior to
> > "space ritual"  recorded 15 months before....>>>>
>
>      Mixed differently than SR?  There was some speculation on the
> list that Dave mixed down his guitar on the album release, in
> keeping with the reduced presence of his guitar at modern gigs.
> Perhaps it would have sounded different if mixed in 74?  Who
> knows.  I was pretty blown away by 1999 Party when it came out,
> and still listen to it regularly.  I'm not holding my breath in
> the same way for the long-rumoured "Live 76" album which is
> supposed to be lurking somewhere.  I'd far rather see an official
> release of something like Live at Reading 1992 ... preferably
> mixed by Chris Goss :)

        I can't help noticing that in the '1999 Party' mixing Nik is
almost totally absent for the bulk of the CD, lost in the wash. Not that
I'm suggesting Dave had anything to do with that, _obviously_. I vote for
Chris Goss as next HW producer too. Yours,
                                            Jon
--
 |              Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge                 |