HW: Broken J.A.P :(

Soniqué sonique at SONIQUE.NET
Mon Feb 8 06:43:50 EST 1999

Hmmmm ....

Well, I need to get to the bottom of all this! First up, before you all go
off on a 3000-odd message thread tangent, there's NO JAVA at
http://sonique.net/jap for exactly the reasons cited (ie - it sucks). There
IS JavaScript however, which I thought would have caused more probs for IE
than NS ... sigh

I built the pages for IE4.01, then tested them in IE3.02 (fixing all which
didn't work), then repeated this cycle for NS4.06. Satisfied on Windows95&98,
I then had it tested by others using NS4.01, NS4.08 and NS5.5 for Mac, and
modified a few more things .... and STILL it's broken! Aaargggh!

So what browsers doesn't it work in? I haven't tried Opera, and I'm not
fussed if it's broken in Lynx (I did go to the trouble of putting a non-
Javascript detection thingy in the front page, so the purists out there
shouldn't be too offended) ... but more specifically, exactly what doesn't
work? What do the errors say, and on what sections of the page?

Replies direct to the culprit (me) would be in order I guess ....

The life of a cross-platform webmaster is not an easy one :(
If all else fails I'll make a plain-vanilla alternative index for the browser
impaired.

Soniqué
--
 PO Box 884                Paul Ward