OFF: scanning LP covers

E F des at SUPERLINK.NET
Mon Feb 8 08:16:12 EST 1999

On 08-Feb-99, M Holmes says to me:
> Not an easy task with an A4 scanner, but a necessary one for doing LP to
> CD backups.
>
> My question is therefore whether anyone knows of any foftware which
> would take multiple overlapping scans, match the overlaps by the magic
> of programming, and produce the whole piccie again. Seems to me that it
> shouldn't be so hard to do.
>
> Answers on a postcard to...
>
> FoFP

Enroute Imaging has software called "QuickStitch" which is designed
primarily for assembling panoramic pictures out of a series of overlaping
images.  It will handle vertical as well as horizontal (or both) pictures
to complete the whole.
Haven't tried it myself but the demo I saw of it was pretty impresive.

I know it comes free with the Olympus Digital cameras.  The program itself
is around $100, but for $300-400 more you also get a neat digital camera!

  --Eric

--
Rise to claim Saturn-
  Ring and Sky