BOC: A mention on the telly

Peter Greendale peter at FAIRFIELD.KAROO.CO.UK
Mon Feb 8 14:20:08 EST 1999

THE CIDER KING wrote:

> Hello all,
> DFTR got about 10 secs of play on Alan Partridge last night on BBC. It was the
> first song played by the DJ doing the breakfast show after taking over from
> Alan. It was introduced with the words - "Here's Blue Oyster Cult with a song
> from their Agents of Fortune albumn" First time I've heard a reference to BOC
> on a British written comedy show. Anyone know of any other occurances?

Don't really know whether this counts........ but on the spoof Radio 1 show
'Smashy and Nicey' (the names of the actors escape me but everyone in the UK will
recognise the DJs), one of the DJs has a Blue Oyster Cult sew - on patch on his
regulation issue silk jacket.
(bit like mine off my old Levi jacket-those were the days.............)
Rock'n' roll eh?
Peter Greendale
Hull, England