was HW: Emperors, now Monster Magnet

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Feb 9 16:28:33 EST 1999

Doug mentions...

>In March or April, Monster Magnet are opening for Marilyn Manson and Hole
>in San Francisco (no sh*t!!).  Never would have dreamed *that* back when I
>wrote the band about how much I liked their first 7" and if they could
>please send me a tape of their legendary "Brainstorm" cover ...

You mean, never dream that they'd get *up* to the level of opening for
internationally-known artists, pathetic though they be??  I bought
Superjudge when it was just out, so I only caught on right before the
numbers starting climbing big-time, so it's not so surprising to me.

I dunno, it seems unbelievable to me that either Marilyn Manson (can't use
abbr.!!) or Hole are any more popular right now than Monster Magnet.  Well,
I've never heard Manson, though I've seen the fruitcake on TV.  And I didn't
think Hole had any real talent?  But then, I only remember hearing one song
of theirs.  And what the hell is Wyndorf doing touring with crap bands like
that anyhoo??  Of course, I saw them with some miserable piece of crap
called Korn or something...god, was *that* awful!!  Made it through only two
songs I think.  They should have hooked onto the Sabbath tour (though the
rescheduling would have probably screwed things up for MM) instead of, who
is it??  Pantera or something? Well, I'll find out in two weeks.

Keith H. (FAA)