HW/BOC: Emperors New Clothes

Tue Feb 9 16:43:34 EST 1999

>Right!  I've NEVER been a big fan of that song, and it amazes me how
it's endured. (ETI)

Well, I've heard it so much now that I do tire of it, but when I first
got into BOC, I did think it was one of the coolest songs.  It's got
a great riff, and lyrically it encompasses the mystique of BOC.  Live,
the ending part has always rocked.  But, I'd give it up to hear "7
Screaming Dizbusters" or "Subhuman" live in a heartbeat.

>Yes and no.  The furious abandon of the old days is something to
hear, no denying that.  But the quality of BD's gtr playing is way
beyond what he did in the old days.  Balanced against EB's less
powerful voice of today vs. his old stage stalking menace and humor.
So, the guitar player in me prefers current shows, but the BOC fan in
me likes the old days.  But above all, the Flaming Telepaths of today
is about as good as BOC has ever been!

Agreed!

John