was HW: Emperors, now Monster Magnet

Tue Feb 9 19:03:47 EST 1999

> I dunno, it seems unbelievable to me that either Marilyn Manson (can't use
> abbr.!!) or Hole are any more popular right now than Monster
> Magnet.  Well,
> I've never heard Manson, though I've seen the fruitcake on TV.
> And I didn't
> think Hole had any real talent?

No!  Nobody actually *likes* Hole!  There are no Hole fans!  They're
famous - *she's* famous - for being famous.  That's it!

Manson is just the parent-scarer _du jour_ (although I liked him in _Lost
Highway_).

I was in Selectadisc today and they were playing Calexico's _The Black
Light_ *really* loud!  Now that's my idea of a record store!  Scored the
"new" Roky Erickson, too, but haven't played it yet.  Got in pissed and put
Godspeed You Black Emperor on instead.

See you all late tomorrow morning

- Andy