OFF: Bedouin dates

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Feb 9 20:00:44 EST 1999

sprawl writes:

> You mean he hasn't played there?!
> He seems to like Germany alot...

Scotland is pretty much considered to be the fadeout bit at the far
end of the universe as far as touring goes - I suspect they fear they
are going to run out of road or fall off the end of the country or
something.     They'll happily play places like West Hartlepool or
Boston Lincolnshire which are so remotely inaccessible that you
need five days travelling by public transport but won't even go to
Glasgow which is reasonably accessible for a fairly large chunk of
Scotland and is at least on a main railway line!

Hartlepool is going to be the closest to Scotland and is being played
over a holiday weekend for us so it might be a possibility *if* it goes
ahead (Hawkwind cancelled Redcar because of lack of interest and it's
not that far away) but I think I'll aim for Cheltenham with the option
of catching one of the others if things start resembling pears.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk