BOC: New BOC?

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Wed Feb 10 13:22:15 EST 1999

BLUE OYSTER CULT will contribute a new,
> unreleased track to the Heavy Metal 2 soundtrack, which will be out in
> July...

>BOC releasing new material in successive years?! HEAVEN FORBID!

>-- Nick

ROTFLOL. Two ways this thing can go.  Buck has recently put pen to paper or
this "new, unreleased track " is actually older than my first two kids
combined.

>Right!  I've NEVER been a big fan of that song, and it amazes me how
it's endured. (ETI)

>Well, I've heard it so much now that I do tire of it, but when I first
got into BOC, I did think it was one of the coolest songs.  It's got
a great riff, and lyrically it encompasses the mystique of BOC.  Live,
the ending part has always rocked.  But, I'd give it up to hear "7
Screaming Dizbusters" or "Subhuman" live in a heartbeat.

You'd could kill any three songs in the current setlist for one 8 min
version of Subhuman, just MHO.  As for ETI its been around so long becuse it
rocks.  Its funky, quirky and plain old fun to hear.

>Yes and no.  The furious abandon of the old days is something to
hear, no denying that.  But the quality of BD's gtr playing is way
beyond what he did in the old days.  Balanced against EB's less
powerful voice of today vs. his old stage stalking menace and humor.
So, the guitar player in me prefers current shows, but the BOC fan in
me likes the old days.  But above all, the Flaming Telepaths of today
is about as good as BOC has ever been!

>Agreed!

Well we all know its apples and oranges and there is no question Buck, Eric
and Alan have aged well.  However I think the biggest difference is the lack
of the Bouchards.  Ya ya I know don't go there but Joe and Al used to "push"
the music through the speakers so to speak.  A lot of that fire and energy,
again, MHO, was due to the Bouchard brothers furious rythm generation.

L8er
Ghost in the Ruins.....
.....madly froogin the Jason dance to live 'Tage