BOC: New BOC?

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Feb 10 12:44:53 EST 1999

> From:          "BREVARD, Adrian R." <abrevard at SHL.COM>
> Well we all know its apples and oranges and there is no question Buck, Eric
> and Alan have aged well.  However I think the biggest difference is the lack
> of the Bouchards.  Ya ya I know don't go there but Joe and Al used to "push"
> the music through the speakers so to speak.  A lot of that fire and energy,
> again, MHO, was due to the Bouchard brothers furious rythm generation.

Right!  It's an issue that won't go away.  Both in the studio and on
the stage, the Bouchards were soooo important.  Wheras Danny may
actually be a better bassist than Joe [hey this is no put-down, bass
was never Joe's primary instrument] it remains to be seen if DM will
ever write something on the order of Hot Rails...

Similarly, Bobby's a great drummer [just not as unique as Al, who's
got a style all his own] but it's unlikely he'll ever contribute the
kind of songwriting that Al brought to the group throughout his
tenure...

theo

ps
Wish tBS would do some more gigs!