HW/OTHER: Salamander

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed Feb 10 20:48:23 EST 1999

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999 20:16:55 -0500, Keith Henderson <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU>
wrote:
>Hey, who knows anything about a space-rock/psych improv band from
>Minneapolis, MN called Salamander??  I just got their 1998 CD Red Mantra
>today, and upon one listen, it's pretty damn cool.  It was released on
>Camera Obscura Records in Australia...
>I can't find a website for the band...I'd like to know if they've got any
>other recordings available.

You can get information on Salamander and some other very cool bands (but
see disclaimer!) at the Camera Obscura web site ... remember the .au for
Australia!  Their previous CD, Red Ampersand, was also released on that label.

http://www.cameraobscura.com.au/

In the interests of full disclosure, I should point out that I am currently
a Camera Obscura recording artist, via the Primordial Undermind.  And in
the interest of self-promotion, I'll point out (whether I should or not)
that there's a Primordial Undermind MP3/Real Audio track (from a fairly
rough rehearsal tape) featuring the current lineup (I'm not on any of their
records or CD's so far) on the "MP3 singles" section of the Camera Obscura
website.

Regardless of my affiliation, I think it's a cool label (and Salemander are
a good band!),

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com