HW: Re Salamander

D Witt hawkwind1 at EARTHLINK.NET
Thu Feb 11 19:31:19 EST 1999

Keith H wrote:

> Hi Folks...
>
> Hey, who knows anything about a space-rock/psych improv band from
> Minneapolis, MN called Salamander??  I just got their 1998 CD Red
> Mantra
> today, and upon one listen, it's pretty damn cool.  It was released on
> Camera Obscura Records in Australia...Sonique, do you carry any of this
> stuff?  You should!
>
> I can't find a website for the band...I'd like to know if they've got
> any
> other recordings available.
>
> Dan?  Every heard of these guys??
>
> Keith H. (FAA)

Yes I've heard of them but not seen them. A local weekly entertainment
paper (The City Pages) just did a story on them.  As I recall the band
was unhappy that local college radio was refusing to play their music,
while at other college radio stations they were getting good play. Also
the band commented that they that it will be very rare for them to
perform live, because if they were to perform regularly it wouldn't be a
special thing.  The City Pages web site may have the article on-line.