OFF: Desert Rock (was Emperors and Monster Magnet)

Stephen Swann swann at PLUTONIA.COM
Fri Feb 12 13:15:59 EST 1999

Carl Edlund Anderson writes:

>      This is definitely my feeling.  Without wishing to invoke
> the dreaded words "selling out", I think there's a bandwaggon
> that space-rockers can latch onto here--and presumbably they *do*
> want to sell records.  People dig bands like Monster Magnet and
> Kyuss, and space-rock is not far from that vibe if it's effectively
> different at all!

This reminds me... for all you Kyuss fans wondering where your next
fix is going to come from, check out Celestial Season.  Nevermind
the obvious tea jokes, I've heard them all.  ;-)

Their second album _Orange_ simply rules.  The first album I don't
like as much, it's sort of Heavy Gothic, rather than the down-tuned
Desert Rock of _Orange_.  You can get sound samples of two of the
songs from _Orange_ ("Walleroo" and "Black Queen is Dynamite") as well
as Real Audio of the entire first album from:

    http://www.cytag.nl/cseason/index2.html

In fact, on checking that page I see that the new album is out.  I'll
have to order it this weekend.

Steve
swann at plutonia.com