OFF: Monster Magnet

Fri Feb 12 20:03:57 EST 1999

On fre 12 feb 1999 12.51 -0500 "Stephen Swann" <swann at PLUTONIA.COM> wrote:
> There were plenty of "marketable" songs on _Superjudge_.  I think he
> could have kept writing that kind of monstrously heavy stuff, *and*
> been commercially successful.  With MTV videos for "Cyclops
> Revolution", "Cage Around the Sun", and "Black Balloon", I think they
> could have been as popular as Soundgarden and White Zombie.

     There _were_ videos for several songs on _Superjudge_.
They didn't get much airplay though.  Insufficient support/bribes
from the record company, I assume.  But I think Soundgarden and
White Zombie reached the height of their popularity similarly
by "slickening" the production on their records, just as MM have
done.

Cheers,
Carl

--