OFF: Monster Magnet

andrew andrew at DELUMINATE.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sat Feb 13 00:16:33 EST 1999

>... sort of along the lines of the Watch Children, the band that drummer
>Jon Kleiman (sp?) was in before Monster Magnet.

aaah, now there's aband i've long been curious about, i heard 'salvidor
dali's still dying' on some freakbeat 7" (which they shared w/tyrnaround
doing imo *the* best 80s psych song, 'paragon-smythe' oh man, watch the
walls taste soft) and i thought that they were the proverbial canine
testicles but then i read somewhere that the majority of their stuff wasn't
of this head fucking squelchy guitar type stuff but more in the mould of
the sonics and i never bothered tracking anything else by 'em down ('cos if
you want the sonics you go to the sonics), but have still hankered after a
second opinion. Doug, can you enlighten me further?

andrew

They wear a bucket on their heads,
They wear a bucket on their heads,
Wake up! Wake up!