OFF: Quake II

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Wed Feb 17 12:23:55 EST 1999

>I've recently started playing 'Fistful of Alice' with my forays into
>senseless violence and carnage.

Fistful of Alice?  Cooper or In Chains?  Can you clarify for me. Thanks.

>Has anyone played "Unreal"???  I played this on a system with a
12meg voodoo graphics card.  Unbelievable...

I've heard people rant and rave about Unreal.  Screen shots are impressive.
My system is nowhere near powerful enough to run it though.

>Looks aren't everything.  Half-life is my shooter of choice.
The style, the thought that went into the design, the
immersiveness, the tension, and above all else, the AI
of the enemies....

Heard some good things about Half-Life and will be trying that one soon I
hope.  HL uses the basic Q2 engine so I'm intrigued.

>I play Half-Life online.. much more fun than Quake2, IMO.. I listen to all
sorts of stuff while fragging, Savatage, BOC, Phish... whatever..

Ah a kindered spirit.  I like the earlier Sav music, Dungeons,. Power of
Night the really agressive stuff.  I've tried Wake and Dead Winter Dead but
they don't really start the adrenaline.

>I made a BOC model for half-life.. actually just a modified version of the
helmet model with the BOC sign where the 1/2life sign normally goes on the
chest emblem. It looks pretty cool though. My son and I use the model in
team games, named our team the Cult.. we even have a Cult banner to spray on
our kills.. Oh its fun... Having a cable modem helps a lot though, gives me
that edge in these games that I would normally lack with my 40 year old
reflexes...

Sounds like you have a lot of skills.  Do you know of any way to get to
Quake Mods to work together?  I'd love to combine the Weapons of Destruction
mod with one of the Bot add-ons, specifically Eraser.

>Speaking of BOC and my son.. He's 12 and loves BOC.. I was going to take
him to the upcoming show here (FEB 28, 4th & B, San Diego) but its 21 and
up..he was very disappointed.

Joe

Man that sucks.  The last BOC show I saw at Jaxx a man was there with his
son who couldn't have been more than 13.  Jaxx has an age limit but they are
much like a movie theater.  If the parent is with them the child can come
in.  No break on the ticket price however.  My two oldest sons like BOC also
(13 & 12), however I couldn't take them to a club setting, 12 year old is
asthmatic and could never survive a night club.  Wish BOC would do an
outdoor venue in my area.

Ghost In the Ruins

NP: The Dungeons Are Calling - Savatage