OT: Soft Machine

Marshall Wood mwood at MY-DEJANEWS.COM
Thu Feb 18 08:38:29 EST 1999

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:04:16   andrew wrote:
>>NP: Soft Machine - _Virtually_
>
>okay, this is the second time i've seen this in your tag line; i only know
>1, 2, and 3, so what manner of beast is this 'virtually'

_Virtually_ is a live concert recording from March 23, 1971 in Germany.  It was released on the Cuneiform Records label (RUNE100) last year.  It's legit.  Here's the tracklist:

  Facelift (10:04)
  Virtually (8:17)
  Slightly all the Time (8:12)
  Fletcher's Blemish (5:41)
  Neo-Caliban Grides (9:26)
  Out-Bloody-Rageous (9:59)
  Eamonn Andrews (4:29)
  All White (3:16)
  Kings and Queens (3:37)
  Teeth (9:20)
  Pigling Bland (4:55)

The line-up is Dean/Ratledge/Hopper/Wyatt.  Check out http://members.aol.com/Cuneiform2/cuneiform.html for more details.  Click "Cuneiform Artists", then click on "Soft Machine."  Their mail order division (Wayside Music) is very reliable - I've used them many times with no problems.

MWood

NP: Tangerine Dream - _Oasis_

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/  Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums