Quake II

Joseph Brooks Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET
Thu Feb 18 11:07:01 EST 1999

>Fistful of Alice?  Cooper or In Chains?  Can you clarify for me. Thanks.

That would be Cooper. Live from Sammy Hagar's Cabo joint... Slash, Rob
Zombie and Sammy put in guest appearances. Not bad stuff but, I miss the old
Cooper band almost as much as I miss the original BOC line up (am I living
in the past or what?)

                >Heard some good things about Half-Life and will be trying
that one soon I
                >hope.  HL uses the basic Q2 engine so I'm intrigued.

                Can't say enough about this game. Couldn't stop playing till
I finished. The only down side was the final few levels and the ending which
I found disappointing. But the rest of the game is beyond belief. I felt
like I was playing a movie... and the multi-player is a blast as well,
especially with the recently patched in team play.

>Ah a kindered spirit.  I like the earlier Sav music, Dungeons,. Power of
                >Night the really agressive stuff.  I've tried Wake and Dead
Winter Dead but
                >they don't really start the adrenaline.

I have on tape a really old one called Sirens (I believe.. that's the first
track anyway..) which I just love. I also like the one (I'm shitty at
remembering album names) with "Hall of the Mountain King" on it... If that
stuff doesn't get you pumped, you're dead or in a coma... I tried a later
effort, again I forget the title, it was supposed to be an opera ala
"Operation: Mind Crime", featuring Jesus Jones the drug dealer or some
such.. I didn't like it at all and haven't tried anything else from them
since. Its too bad since the other two I have from them are some of my
favorite metal ever.

                >Sounds like you have a lot of skills.  Do you know of any
way to get to
                >Quake Mods to work together?  I'd love to combine the
Weapons of Destruction
                >mod with one of the Bot add-ons, specifically Eraser.

Can't help you there, sorry..

                >Man that sucks.  The last BOC show I saw at Jaxx a man was
there with his
                >son who couldn't have been more than 13.  Jaxx has an age
limit but they are
                >much like a movie theater.  If the parent is with them the
child can come
                >in.  No break on the ticket price however.  My two oldest
sons like BOC also
                >(13 & 12), however I couldn't take them to a club setting,
12 year old is
                >asthmatic and could never survive a night club.  Wish BOC
would do an
                >outdoor venue in my area.

They never seem to do anything but club dates in my area... Haven't seen
them outdoors since the late 70's when they did a huge stadium show with ZZ
Top, Cheap Trick and UFO here. Luckily, they have banned smoking in all bars
here in Ca. I would've bitched about this a year ago but now that I've quit
smoking (after 27 years!) I'm glad. Still can't bring my kid to a show but
at least I won't have to breath smoke all night.

Joe