DAS LUDICROIX....the band/the premise....a "DASCOGRAPHY"...heh...

Thu Feb 18 21:09:58 EST 1999

--On tor 18 feb 1999 10.36 +0000 DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote:

> what's this "hw covers all III"  tape? are you saying das l. appears on
it?

     A few years ago, the list here tried to assemble a tape
compilation of all then-known HW covers.  Was Das Lud on it?
I don't remember that (though my tapes are in the US).

> really? that was a pretty shambolic 'ejection'....i'd be
> amazed/amused if this was true; please inform....

     Shambolic mostly because there were 3 guitar players I
think, and it was difficult to coax everyone out of the
instrumental and back to the verse :)  Oh, and Mike (the bass
player) hadn't ever actually heard the song before; I remember
someone explaining the chords (all three!) to him :)

     Fine shambolic recording, there are worse official Hawkwind
releases :)  That whole jam was up in the loft-balcony of
someone's house and "Ejection" was the kind of "set closer". It
seemed to me like there were suddenly a whole bunch of random
people standing around grooving while Das Lud howled its
way through "Ejection".  *Very* ad hoc!  But it did rock :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson