Amon Duul

Brian Coulthard brian at COULTHARD1.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Fri Feb 19 08:14:50 EST 1999

> I have just got the Calvert/Amon Duul CD and listened to it a couple of
times I am mighty impressed with it it seems unusual to listen a CD of
completely new material a pleasant change. Does anyone know who the other
artists are Penguin Hawk etc the only name I recognise is Tony Mcphee of
Groundhog fame. It would have been interesting to see where this project
would have lead. On the slightly negative note I got the Hawk Fairies CD at
the same time which is okay for a laugh the nicest thing I can say is that
it is not as bad as I feared. I just knew my Cd purchases could not keep on
such a high note IYA and HW97 then Amon Duul.
On the subject of HW songs that could stand revival I vote for High Rise