Amon Duul

Andreas Stuewe Andreas.Stuewe at T-ONLINE.DE
Fri Feb 19 13:09:52 EST 1999

Brian Coulthard schrieb:
> > I have just got the Calvert/Amon Duul CD and listened to it a couple of
> times I am mighty impressed with it it seems unusual to listen a CD of
> completely new material a pleasant change. Does anyone know who the other
> artists are Penguin Hawk etc the only name I recognise is Tony Mcphee of
> Groundhog fame. It would have been interesting to see where this project
> would have lead. On the slightly negative note I got the Hawk Fairies CD at
> the same time which is okay for a laugh the nicest thing I can say is that
> it is not as bad as I feared. I just knew my Cd purchases could not keep on
> such a high note IYA and HW97 then Amon Duul.
> On the subject of HW songs that could stand revival I vote for High Rise

Hawk & Penguin are Dave Anderson (ex-Hawkwind/ex-AmonDuul2) and John Weinzierl
(AmonDuul2). Ed Ozric Wynne is the main person of Ozric Tentacles & Joey Ozric
was the keyboarder of the first Ozric Tentacles line-up and he´s in Eat Static
now. Julie Waring sang background vocals on Calvert´s Test-tube conceived album.
Don´t know the others.

Andreas