OFF: Drinking Ouzo

Goran Janicijevic simplius at SOFTHOME.NET
Fri Feb 19 15:32:47 EST 1999

Andy Gilham wrote:

>Has anyone tried drinking ouzo in their coffee?  I'm sure I've offered it to
>some boc-l guests here, but funnily enough no-one's taken me up on it.

The only proper way of drinking ouzo is, to be cooled:

1. Internally - with ice inside; the ouzo getting white and dense.

2. Externally - frig chilled, or ice around the glass; the ouzo
getting oily and dense.

Optional snack: Fresh salad containing tomatos, olives, cucumbers,
onions, marjoram and greek cheese (not necessary all at once).

Any other way of drinking ouzo (other temperature, additives, or
snack) is a taste crime. And a special crime for your health is if you
drink something else alcocholic along ouzo, eg. beer.

How do I know that? Well, I am from where it originates... or pretty
close.
--
Goran