OFF: DAS LUDICROIX....the band/the premise....a "DASCOGRAPHY"...heh...

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Sat Feb 20 10:46:48 EST 1999

OH, SUCH JAMMING IS A RARE AND WONDROUS THING...
shouldnt be quite as elusive as it ends up being...the cumulative state of
mind taking place in the best jamming ( a phrase which would mean a vareiety
of things to a variety of people) is to me comparable to the best, most
profound, sex>>> every move anticipated and returned in kind>>>my best jamming
experiences and best sexual experiences are the most precious memories i
possess>>>but anyway>>>

ian souther is a truly PSYCHEDELIC guitarist. it isnt necessarily every
guitarist's aspiration to be such, but there's no doubt that HE IS...

the outdoor show of 7/95 was funny....2 guys from a christian band mixed in
w/us heathens, and they were welcome, 'coz that's the kind of non-band we
are...furnell (w/the grateful dead fixation) was too drunk to play, and mike
"it'll fit if you give it a push" chesk was too drunk to STOP playing...i
recall one moment in the midst of drumming, having been awake round the clock,
reaching in for "something extra", and it wasnt there..."this'll have to do" i
thought, and kept playing...

my beloved panasonic platinum series boombox (new in '82) makes much better
indoor recordings than outdoor recordings...

as for the trio gig, i kept asking chris bruce to encourage a party/jam at the
betz's, and when he wouldnt, I DID. for some reason he was very upset about
this and didnt attend....no one showed so we played as a trio; turned out
better than we'd all feared after a slow start...just one excerpt from that
night appears on "MOON HEALING ACTIVATION"...second gig in a row i'd played
w/no sleep at all (was on the night shift in those days and had to go round
the clock in order to co-exist w/the "daylight people")>>>i'll send you the
whole thing, or most of it, ere too long...

the bloke from STRIDERNEWS was saying he'd refer the "jammed and stoning"
release to someone for possible background use in a cd-rom...the japanese
release of all the DAS L tapes apparently didnt happen, nor did the "destroy
all music' preview ep, nor did the german vinyl split lp....

both ian and i have had moments of lesser health, geezers that we're becoming,
but look forward to playing some more....mr. lascko can apparently wait on a
tape until april; >>>HA-as if that's what we'd play at STRANGE DAZE<<< but
we'll see....

ja ne!
larry b