HW : LIVE 70 73

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Sat Feb 20 19:38:40 EST 1999

Stephan Spiegel writes:

> Can anyone tell me if the LP music on Live 70-73, ever make it to a CD =
> yet?
>
> Thanks,
> Hawkman
> P.S. Same question : "Roadhawks" the LP?

Haven't done this for ages!   This is Live '70/73 from the Codex and
Discography.    I won't list Roadhawks but you can check through the
Codex for that one too.

1985  Live '70/'73 (Castle Dojo) [live early tracks]
        [reissued as Welcome To The Future]
        In The Egg
        Orgone Accumulator
        Welcome To The Future
        Master Of The Universe
        Sonic Attack
        Seven By Seven
        Wage War
        Urban Guerilla
        Only Dreaming
        Hurry On A Sundown

In The Egg
    1     Bring Me The Head Of Yuri Garagin
    1     Early Daze
    1     Live '70/'73
    1     Welcome To The Future
    1     Silver Machine [Legend CD]

Orgone Accumulator
 L  1     Space Ritual Alive
 L  1     Masters of the Universe [UA Compilation]
 L  1     25 Years On [Griffin 4-CD Set]
 L  1 a   US  double 7" EP
 L  2     Space Ritual II
 L  2     Hawkwind Live  [Imtrat]
 L  2 a   Live '70/'73
 L  2 a   Welcome To The Future
 L  2 b   Early Daze
?L  2 b   Silver Machine [Legend CD]
 L  3     Bring Me The Head Of Yuri Garagin
 L  4     Undisclosed Files

      *   1a is a cut version of 1
      *   2a is a cut version of 2
      *   2b is a cut version of 2a
      *   Versions 1 and 2 are from the same tour

Welcome To The Future
 L  1     Glastonbury Fayre
 L  1     Assassins of Allah LP
 L  1     Dawn of Hawkwind CD
 L  2     BBC Transcription Disc LP
 L  2     Space Rock From London
 L  2 a   BBC Radio - Live in Concert CD
 L  3     Space Ritual Alive
 L  3 a   Ridicule
 L  3 a   Hawkwind Live [Imtrat]
 L  3 a   Space Ritual II
 L  4     The 1999 Party
 L  5     Bring Me The Head of Yuri Gagarin
 L  5     Live '70/'73
 L  5     Welcome To The Future
 L  6     Weird 102 - Hawkwind Live/Hawklords {The Future}
 L  7     The Secret Tepee [Bootleg CD]
 L  8     The Business Trip  {This Future}
 L  9     Timeless Paens From The Ongoing Rituals of Space [bootleg CD]
 L  9     Love In Space     {Welcome}

      *   2a is remixed from 2
      *   3a is from the same tour as 3

Master Of The Universe
 L  1     In The Beginning
 L  1     The Text Of Festival
 L  1     Welcome To The Future
 L  1     Live '70/'73

Sonic Attack
 L  1     Space Ritual Alive
 L  1     25 Years On [Griffin 4-CD Set]
 L  1 a   Space Ritual II
 L  1 a   Hawkwind Live  [Imtrat]
 L  1 b   Live '70/'73
 L  1 b   Welcome To The Future
 L  1 c   Sonic Attack promo  7"
 L  1 c   Masters of the Universe [Compilation]
 L  2     The 1999 Party

     *    1a is the same as 1 but with a different intro
          1b is 1a with the end cut short
          1c is 1 but faded at the end
          3a is the same as 3 but with part of the intro cut

Seven by Seven
    1     Silver Machine/ Seven by Seven 7" [1972]   A1/B1
    1     In Search of Space [remastered CD only]
    1 a   Silver Machine/ Seven by Seven 7" [1972]   A1/B2
    1 b   Silver Machine/7 by 7/Lord of Light/Born to Go German double 7" EP
?   1 ?   Silver Machine/ Seven by Seven 7" [1976]
    1 b   Silver Machine/ Seven by Seven 7" [1978]   A3/B3
    1 b   Silver Machine/ Seven by Seven 12" [1978]
    1 b   Silver Machine/ Seven by Seven 12" [1983]
    1 b   Stasis
    1 b   Lord of Light
 L  2     BBC Transcription Disc LP
 L  2     Space Rock from London
 L  2 a   BBC Radio - Live In Concert CD
 L  3     Space Ritual Alive
 L  3 a   Silver Machine/ Seven by Seven 7" [1983]
 L  3 a   Silver Machine/ Seven by Seven 7" [after 1983]
 L  4     Space Ritual II
 L  4     Hawkwind Live  [Imtrat]
 L  4     Ridicule
 L  4 a   Live '70/'73
 L  4 a   Welcome To The Future
 L  5     The 1999 Party
 L  6     Timeless Paens From The Ongoing Rituals of Space [bootleg CD]
 L  7     The Secret Tepee [Bootleg CD]

      *   1a is a remix of 1 - both released in 1972
      *   1b is a remix of 1
      *   2a is a remix of 2
      *   3a is a cut version of 3
      *   4a is a cut version of 4

Wage War
    1     Bring Me The Head Of Yuri Garagin
    1 a   Live '70/'73
    1 a   Welcome To The Future

      *   1a is a cut version of 1

Urban Guerilla
 L  1     Live '70/'73
 L  1     Welcome To The Future
 L  1     Bring Me The Head Of Yuri Garagin

You Know You're Only Dreaming
 L  1     The 1999 Party
    2     X In Search Of Space
    2     The Best of Hawkwind [EMI Metal Classics cassette]
    2     25 Years On [Griffin 4-CD Set]
 L  3     Weird 108 - Hawkwind 1966-73   {Dreaming}
 L  3     In The Beginning
 L  3     The Text Of Festival
 L  3     Early Daze
?L  3     Silver Machine [Legend CD]
 L  3 a   Live '70/'73
 L  3 a   Welcome To The Future
 L  4     Lords of Light, Kings of Speed
 L  5     The Business Trip  {The Dream Has Ended}
 L  6     Timeless Paens From The Ongoing Rituals of Space [bootleg CD]

      *   3a is a cut version of 3

Hurry On Sundown
    1     Hawkwind Zoo 12"  EP
    1     Last Chance 7"  EP
    1     Motorhead/Hurry On Sundown 7"
    1     Victoria Double Album
    1     Independent Days Vol 1
    1     Night of the Hawk
    1     Mighty Hawkwind Classics 1980-85
    1 a   Hawkwind [remastered CD only]
 L  2     In The beginning              {Hurry On a Sundown}
 L  2     Live 70-73                    {Hurry On a Sundown}
 L  2     Welcome To The Future         {Hurry On a Sundown}
 L  2     The Text of Festival          {Hurry On a Sundown}
 L  2     Early Daze                    {Hurry On a Sundown}
 L  2     Independent Days Volumes 1&2 CD
?L  2     Silver Machine [Legend CD]
 L  2 a   Weird 106 - Hawkwind Live 1970-73
 L  2 a   The Hawkwind Anthology Vol III LP
 L  2 a   Acid Daze Vol III
 L  2 a   British Tribal Music
 L  2 a   Castle Masters Collection
 L  2 a   Hawkwind Anthology 3CD box set (Castle Communications)
 L  2 a   Best of Hawkwind
 L  2 a   Space Is Deep
 L  2 a   Master of the Universe [Pulse CD]
 L  2 a   Silver Machine CD [Hallmark compilation]
    3     Hawkwind
    3     Hurry on Sundown / Mirror of Illusion 7"
    3     (The Best of The Psychedelic Warlords)
    3     25 Years On [Griffin 4-CD Set]
    3 a   Roadhawks
    3 b   US double 7"  EP

      *   1a is an edit of 1.
      *   versions 1 and 1a both feature on the remastered Hawkwind CD
      *   2a is an edit and cut of 2.
      *   3a is segued into Paranoia on the Roadhawks album
      *   3b is a cut version of 3

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk