King Crimson?

Max Wilcox m.wilcox at UQ.NET.AU
Mon Feb 22 08:44:45 EST 1999

        Ahhh. King Crimson. Well, I'm a bit of a fan, myself. As everyone has said,
they've been through many many different lineups and changes of sound - the
"Dave Brock of the band", the constant musician is Robert Fripp - who's an
amazing guitarist. They've been through virtually every prog variation -
from chaotic jazz to heavy stuff. Rather than a particular king of subject
matter that runs through their work (ie space imagery in HW) it is the
lyrically style that seems to run through it. They have a very distinct
surreal kind of lyrical style that is very distinct.
        Personally, I'm quite partial to the Peter Sinfield era of lyrics (Lizard).
But - IMHO the stuff they are doing at the moment is some of the best
they've ever done. Thrak is a darn well excellent album - very very well
played, as well as well composed. The most recent stuff - Projekt 1 - 3 is
great spacey experiment. The one I have, "Space Groove" is a double album.
With comments scattered through the booklet such as "space is still the
place" and "Bite my space" it has to be good, I say...
        Well, thats my .5 buckazoids...

- Max Wilcox