OFF: CABLE

andrew andrew at DELUMINATE.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Mon Feb 22 11:45:50 EST 1999

>The group is called Cable, the album is "Live at Brixton Prison" EP. The
group
>and the CD's origin is British. I'm not exactly sure how to define the music,
>maybe "alterna-punk" might be appropriate, released '97. Since there are so
>many Brits here, perhaps someone is into them or knows something about 'em...

now i can't be sure about this but i'm fairly certain that Cable are a
Derby band  (again, not sure; do you know Mark?) i know a couple of folk in
the derby baby-punk scene so the next time i bump into any of 'em i'll try
and find out a bit more. they seem to play pretty regularly around here
which is what's leading me to the assumption they from these parts. I
*might* have seen them playing with Gorilla and The Beekeepers but i can't
be entirely sure - not very memorable if it was them, but then my point of
reference for punk is always Alternative TV so what do i know?

anyway, i'll see what i can find out

Dick the Butcher: The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.
Henry VI Pt.2 IV.ii