OFF: Is it King Crimson or is it Memorex?

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at WIZVAX.NET
Mon Feb 22 19:22:52 EST 1999

At 08:49 AM 2/23/99 +0900, you wrote:
>I go along with the people recommending the later stuff.  The production
>is very well done and Fripp's guitar does things mine never could. (I'm
>sure they missed some notes off mine.)  The Projekt 1 and 2 stuff is
>permanently loaded into the CD deck at the moment. Project 2 live is a
>superbly spacey "lights off, eyes closed" vibe that disappears into
>chaos every now and again. Definitely music to lie in a field to.
As is A Blessing of Tears, Fripp soundscapes disc.

>BTW, does every copy of Projekt 2's live album lose the audio half way
>through track 10?  You can never tell with Fripp if it's a pressing
>accident or he's making a poiont that's way over my head <g>
! never listened that closely.

However, on the recommending bandwagon, for good gritty bootleg quality
release w/ FIRST RATE liner notes, get _Epitaph_, the
Giles/McDonald/Lake/Fripp/Sinfield line  up live. It's got BBC sessions,
Fillmores and IMHO the definative version of 21st Century Schizoid Man on
disc 1. The drumming alone makes that set worth buying.
AS for Wetton./Bruford era, The Nightwatch live 2 cd set is masterfully
mastered and clean, good jamming, and of course Fracture -- the piece Fripp
says is the hardest thing he's ever written.
www.discipline.co.uk is the authorized King Crimson/Dicsipline Global
Machine/Robert Fripp website.  www.elephant-talk.com is the authorized
unofficial fripp/Crimson website. The latter has scores of archival poop to
read through. Good all in all.

Speaking of "Best of"s for KC, Fripp and co. are assembling a heaping
handful of discitude called "Cirkus" spanning the groups numerous
reincarnations.

Neo-golden age,
Jason