BOC in S.D.

Joseph Brooks Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET
Tue Feb 23 15:11:35 EST 1999

That's interesting.. I may have to hunt that sucker down for my collection.

But my point was that nowhere in my original post was I comparing the two
bands. Musically and philosophically they have little in common (although
they did have the loose jam style in the 70's that could be compared
somewhat even if the genre (early pre- heavy metal) is completely different.

No, in fact, I was referring to my life, not the bands when I said it was a
"long strange trip" Then I got curious because DASLUD seemed to be hinting
that no  self-respecting BOC fan oughtta be quoting the Dead. He has stated
that this is not the case so that's good enough for me.. (though he wouldn't
expand on what he *did* mean...)

Joe

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   Doug Pearson [mailto:ceres at SIRIUS.COM]
                Sent:   Tuesday, February 23, 1999 11:01 AM
                To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
                Subject:        Re: BOC in S.D.

                I might have been inclined to agree with DASLUD's post, but
I was passed a
                tape of the Stalk-Forrest Group 'St. Celia' LP this weekend,
and I'll be
                darned if the final track doesn't sound almost EXACTLY like
a Grateful Dead
                (circa late 70s?) jam!  BTW a GREAT album, even if very
little of it sounds
                like BOC - it really shows how talented Buck and Albert were
from the very
                beginning.  If you're a hardcore BOC fan, it will be one of
the best
                $30-$40 you've ever spent ...

                        -Doug
                         ceres at sirius.com

                On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 07:56:09 -0800, Joseph Brooks
<Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET>
                wrote:
                >Why not? I'm not comparing musical styles or even basic
philosophies...
                >They're worlds apart. I happen to be a big long time fan of
both bands...
                >The quote seemed to fit so I used it. Whats not "right"
about it? If you
                >need a connection, I refer you back to Transmaniacon M.C.
and Altamont. I'm