BOC in S.D.

andrew andrew at DELUMINATE.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Wed Feb 24 08:09:25 EST 1999

At 01:41 24/02/99 -0500, you wrote:
>i think "early pre-heavy metal" would mean something like "rumble" by link
>wray in the late '50s...or the original version of "train kept a rollin " in
>'56...

ohh, now yr talkin' link wray - rock'n'roll god, his song 'hidden charms' -
all time trash classic.

train kept a rollin' - johnny burnette and the rock'n'roll trio

other sylystic antecedents from the 50s:

hardcore punk: hot lips baby - herbie duncan

oldschool punk: she said - hasil 'haze' adkins

psychedelia: funnel of love - wanda jackson

etc etc etc

andrew

Dick the Butcher: The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.
Henry VI Pt.2 IV.ii